Home > People > Centre Director & Administration > Renee
Dr Renee Beale
- University of Melbourne
Community Awareness Programme Manager for the ARC Centre of Excellence for Free Radical Chemistry and Biotechnology.
- Staff positions in Science Communication (2004, 2008) Faculty of Science, the University of Melbourne.
- Postdoctoral studies (2005 - 2008) School of Biological Sciences, Monash University.
- PhD (2006) Department of Genetics, the University of Melbourne.
- Science Communication,
- Media liaison,
- Science Education,
- Event Management.
Key Areas of Contribution
- Communication of the Centre’s scientific discoveries to the general public through media releases, public addresses, and stories in magazines and other popular media, newsletters, and web sites.
- Education of the broader community relating to free radicals and chemistry through the organisation of events and lectures.
- Management of the Centre web site, in conjunction with the Centre Administration Manager.
- Fostering the Centre’s linkage with industry, government and other science education bodies.
Davies, M. and Smart (Beale), R. Green with heart disease. Australasian Science, October, 2009, 20 - 21.
Sandala, G. and Smart (Beale), R. Using computers to unlock nature’s secrets. Science Education News, Vol 58(1), 2009, 40 - 41.