Home > People > Partner Investigators > Phil
Dr Phil Barker
- Bluescope Steel
Technology Leader, Polymer Science at BlueScope Steel Research, Port Kembla, New South Wales.
- Research/ industry positions in London, Canberra, Dhahran (Saudi Arabia), Karlsruhe and Melbourne.
- PhD (1978) University of Aston U.K. working with Dr Derryck Munday.
- Chemistry of surface coating degradation.
- Free radical mechanistic chemistry.
- Semiconductor photocatalysis.
Key Areas of Research
- Sunscreen damage to paint and surface coatings, such as Colorbond®.
- Strategies for moderating or eliminating photocatalusis and monitoring photocatalytic activity.
- EPR methods for studying photocatalysts.
- Mechanistic models for the macroscopic performance of surface coatings.
Barker and Branch, Progress in Organic Coatings, 2008, 62, 313.